With the new European football season unleashed everywhere in recent weeks, many people still wonder (and some may argue) if the Barclay’s Premier League is the best lot of em all?
Personally, I KNOW it is, and here are my top 5 reasons…
1. Every match-up is just as kan-cheong! Where else would you get Southampton giving Manchester City a run for their money, or West Brom trashing Liverpool? Although there are certain number of clubs that are of a higher level in the BPL, there’s no denying that every other team in the BPL are no pushovers either!
2. It is so GLOBAL! Unlike many other European leagues where the majority of the players are domestic, I believe the ratio of British: Foreign players in the BPL is quite close! Being a global arena makes for more exciting styles and plays from all over!
3. Watchable time zone! Being in Malaysia, it is not too challenging to watch all these great BPL action. With the latest latest on every weekend coming in at 1.00am (Msian time), the BPL s one of the more watchable leagues…well, at least for me. 😛 I noticed the strange gametimes of other leagues, like the Bundesliga and La Liga which runs on through the graveyard shift, and even some during dinner times (around 7pm!). Strange…:-p
4. English tabloids! One thing that makes BPL more exciting week in week out are the English tabloids. Yup, the same blokes who are responsible for over-hyping the England team at every World Cup. the juicy transfer news, manager sackings, player scandals, outrageous bets, etc. are just every bit a part of the BPL footballing culture. Love it or hate it, they are here to stay! 😀
5. The greatest football club is playing in it….(drumroll)…MANCHESTER UNITED! 😀